Want to improve your SEO and improve your online visibility? Then, here are the things that you need to know to get started.
What is Local SEO?
Many small or multi-location company uses Local SEO strategies to improve their business and attract more customers. Local SEO or Search Engine Optimization is an effective way of marketing local businesses online. In fact, it helps businesses in promoting their products and services to local customers which can be achieved through a variety of methods.
What is Local Search?
Local search basically refers to any search which is aimed at finding something within a specific geographic area. For instance, “plumbers near me”, “best plumber in [location]”, and more. To sum it up, local search is a form of search engine optimization that helps local businesses show up in relevant local searches.
How do I rank well in local search?
Now, that you have understand what local search is, maybe you are now wondering how you can actually achieve success in it! Well, we recommend to make yourself familiarize with the three core elements of local search ranking:
● Proximity: How close is your business to the searcher?
● Relevance: How relevant to the search query are your products and services?
● Prominence: What do other consumers say about your products and services?
What are the main SEO services?
Local SEO is a lot to work on. It’s always changing, and can take a lot of time and effort to get right. That is why many SEO agencies and consultants specialize in local SEO rather than broader SEO. The rules are very different as you’re aiming to achieve different goals, and in many cases clients don’t mind if the high visibility of their businesses in local search and business listings directories leads to more direct contact and foot traffic than website visits. But don’t worry because we’ve covered some of the key things that will help you to achieve success in local SEO. So, now here’s an overview of every local SEO service that can make a difference:
5 key SEO services
1. Website ‘localization’ – Localization of your website refers to including your city, county or region name naturally throughout your site. Businesses with several locations, uses and create separate pages or content hubs for individual locations. Some also uses other tactics such as getting involved with local community events and featuring articles and information about them on the site.
2. Citation Building – If you want to improve your search rankings, then, do not forget to ensure your site features on citation sites and online business directories. Why? Because this will help your customers find your business easier. So, always put your company’s name, address, phone number and website URL (NAPW) on citation sites and add extra information to business directories to improve your rankings.
3. Claiming your Google My Business listing – Why claim your Google My Business page? Well, simply because it is a key step towards helping your business display on important Google services, such as local search results and Google Maps. GMB (and its Microsoft equivalent, Bing Places for Business) should always be the first online directory you take ownership of.
4. Managing reviews and ratings – Managing reviews and ratings are important factors for local search rankings. This is because genuine and honest reviews showcase the quality of your service. Plus, it also send signals to search engines that your site and service are trusted, useful, and reliable.
5. Getting quality, relevant backlinks – Want to improve your online search visibility? Then, do not forget to use backlinks especially from well-regarded websites. This is because it help search engines recognize your site as a trusted source of information. Aside from it, it also boosts the ‘prominence’ aspect of the local search algorithm. Keep in mind that links from local newspapers, bloggers and business associations, and citations can help in improving your search visibility.
10 reasons why local SEO services can help you attract new customers
If you are wondering how SEO services can help you grow your business and attract more and new customers, then read further below.
1. Local customers are turning to the internet to find local businesses – We can never deny that technology has made our life easier and more convenient. As a matter of fact, many people now are relying into gadgets and modern technology such as computer, mobile phones, Internet, and more. That’s why more and more people are now conducting local searches. Here are some statistics and facts:
96% of PC owners conduct local searches
46% of all Google searches are local
64% of local customers use search engines and directories as their main way to find local businesses
50% of local mobile searchers look for business information (like a company’s address or phone number)
A whopping 78% of local mobile searches result in an offline purchase
(Sources: Searchengineland.com and Business2community.com)
2. Local search marketing is highly targeted and timely – Why do people do local searches? Well, the top reason people is because they want to find a business. And the second most common reason is that they want to find a product or service. Many local searchers are looking for a specific business’ name, but many who search don’t have a specific business in mind when they begin their hunt. So, if you want to improve and promote your business or product, use some local search tactics. Doing this will help you a lot get lots of potential customers.
3. Local search has the highest conversion levels of all local advertising channels – Want to gain a higher profit? Then, ensure to enlist your business into online quality directory sites. This is because local directories dominate the first page of many local search results. After all, local directory marketing is just one of many local SEO strategies. It has a higher conversion rate than other more traditional advertising options – up to 50% conversion on some directories. That is why getting your business accurately listed on as many quality online directory sites can possibly help you convert 1 in 2 leads into an actual customer. So, do not forget to enlist your business into online directories like Yelp, Citysearch, Foursquare and more.
4. Mobile Internet is Growing – Due technology advancement, more and more people now are using mobile phones, tablets, and other gadgets to find the best local businesses. In fact, mobile digital media time in the US is now higher at 51% compared to desktop use at 42%. And what makes Local SEO truly amazing is that it covers both PC and mobile internet access. That’s why there is no chance for you to miss out on a potential customer.
5. Local SEO results in a great return on investment – Local SEO is absolutely efficient and cost-effective. This is because unlike traditional advertising (e.g. local newspapers, leaflets, direct mail, etc.), local SEO has a little wasted exposure. You reach potential customers when they need you — not when they don’t.
6. Only 44% of businesses have claimed their Google My Business listing – Many Local businesses still haven’t figured out the importance of online marketing yet. So, if you want to get a head-start before your competitors wise up and it gets more competitive. Strike while the iron’s hot! Get listed now on Google My Business to increase your chances of showing up high in local search results on Google. Do not worry because Google My Business is a free-listing site.
7. Many of the best local SEO opportunities are FREE (for now!) – Want to promote your business without expenses? Then, list your business now on Google My Business, Bing Places for Business, and on other online business directories. Promote your business for free!
8. Only 20% of adults get news from print newspapers – The age of traditional advertising media is slowly declining. In fact, fewer and fewer people now are reading local newspapers. Recent figures show some local newspapers have lost 80% of their readership in the last 20 years. Why? Because more and more people are turning to the internet for their local news and information about local businesses.
9. 85% of consumers trust online business reviews as much as personal recommendations – Want to increase your company’s online reputation? Then, ask your trusted customers to always leave a positive comment, review, and feedback about your business. Doing this can help you attract more new customers. After all, word of mouth is a major factor in the success of many local businesses.
10. Local customers rely on the internet to find information about your business – These days, people depend on the internet to find information about all types of products and services, whether they’re using traditional search or voice search to find local businesses. If your business isn’t found on local search results, you’ll miss out on new customers. So, implement a variety of Local SEO strategies for your business to show your business up on the internet map for future customers to see!
So, if you want grow and improve your business now, use Local SEO. After all, these local search trends are strong now and they’re only going to get stronger and more significant in the future. Now is the time for you to take advantage of local SEO services and boost your business before your competitors catch on. All local businesses, from plumbers and builders to florists and accountants can improve their business and make more money through local SEO, so get started today and increase your profit!
Why use RhinoStrength for Local SEO?
RhinoStrength has been helping local businesses, multi-location businesses and SEO professionals understand and improve their positions in the local search market since 2009. We are here to help you achieve success and help you grow your small business. We will help you understand your rankings, track hundreds of keywords across Google, Bing and Yahoo. Aside from it, we will also help you see a detailed breakdown of organic, mobile and Maps rankings. We’ll help you compare rankings against your competitors and create ‘roll-up reports’ to view ranking trends for multiple locations. In addition, we will help you manage your reputation, monitor and grow your business’ reputation by tracking and analyzing your online reviews across 35+ sites, including Google My Business, Yelp, Facebook, Foursquare, Tripadvisor and more. Further, we will also help you in guiding customers to leave reviews on the sites that matter most to you, and reply directly to Google and Facebook reviews within a single tool. And more importantly, we will help you build accurate citations quickly and effectively. Whether you will use our manual citations team or aggregator submissions, our citation-building services can push your data to thousands of online business directories, mobile apps and mapping services worldwide, ensuring NAPW consistency and higher visibility in local search.